There’s a reason home buyers are flocking to New Braunfels – and it’s not just because of our close proximity to Schlitterbahn Waterpark (though that certainly is a huge bonus in these sweltering hot summer months)!
The truth is: New Braunfels is simply a haven of amazing real estate options, offering every type, style, price point, and amenity on the market...not to mention a killer location and an amazing community. In fact, we'd call it one of the best places you can live in Texas. According to a recent U.S. Census study, New Braunfels is actually the second-fastest growing city in the entire state!
Are you on the hunt for a new home and a new place to live in the great Lone Star State? If so, you may want to consider New Braunfels real estate. Here are just a few of the ways it stands out against all those other Texas cities out there:
1. Local amenities are unparalleled. While we do indeed love a good water park, New Braunfels is far more than just Schlitterbahn! The city is home to dozens of fun, unique, and exciting things to do. Landa Park allows residents and tourists to rent paddleboats, play mini golf, ride a miniature train, play on the playground, hike down Panther Canyon Nature Trail, or stop by the Arboretum to see some beautiful flowers and foliage. You can also stop by the Gruene Historic District to shop, eat, or just get a glimpse into the Texas of days past. The Comal River is a great place for tubing in the hot summer weather, and the McKenna Children’s Museum is an amazing way to while away the day if you’ve got little ones to entertain. A little fun fact: Texas Monthly ranked New Braunfels No. 8 on its list of Most Exciting Texas Cities. You can’t ask for more than that!
2. There are so many options. As far as New Braunfels real estate goes, the choices of style and type of property indeed run the gamut here. You can opt for historical, vintage homes in the older areas of New Braunfels, or renovated, upgraded properties in the more revitalized areas. You can even build from scratch in one of the newer communities developing around the city. No matter what your style and preferences are in real estate, New Braunfels’ varied marketplace has something that can fit just about everyone.
3. It fits every budget. Whether you’re on a shoestring budget when looking for your new home or you’re seeking luxury in every which way possible, New Braunfels has real estate inventory for just about every price points and shoppers. There’s even a healthy rental market if something less temporary is more fitting for your needs. Just determine your budget, get preapproved for a loan, and speak to a qualified real estate agent. They can point you to the right area for your ideal price point!
4. It perfectly blends country with big-city life. The beauty of New Braunfels is that it offers the relaxing, small-town atmosphere of Hill Country, while still giving residents all of the big-city amenities they need. It boasts beautiful views and tons of opportunities for fishing, swimming, and playing outdoors; at the same time, the city is also home to top-notch dining, shopping, and entertainment options. There’s something going on just about every night of the week! It’s a win-win in every sense of the term.
5. It boasts the ideal location. One of the biggest advantages of New Braunfels real estate is its prime location. No matter which part of the city you choose to live in, you’re still only a hop, a skip, and a jump away from San Antonio, so commuting to work, visiting the Riverwalk or even just going shopping in the city is a breeze. New Braunfels is also just around the corner from Austin, the state’s live music hub. So if concerts are your passion, New Braunfels may just offer you the perfect place to live – away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city, but close enough to catch your favorite performers any day (or night) of the year. If you want to visit one of the Lone Star State’s other major cities, New Braunfels isn’t far from those either. It’s less than a 3-hour drive from Houston and around a 4-hour drive to both Fort Worth and Dallas. That’s a quick and easy road trip anytime!
6. It offers something for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re retired, a young professional, or the mom and dad of five little kids, because New Braunfels is a place for everyone. Entertainment options aside, the city simply offers great resources for residents of all ages. For the young, it boasts top-notch education options, including the New Braunfels Independent School District, Alamo Colleges-Memorial Early College High School, and two private schools – John Paul II Catholic High School and New Braunfels Christian Academy. For young professionals, the city’s economy is booming. Rush Enterprises makes its headquarters in New Braunfels, and Comal ISD, Schlitterbahn, Walmart, New Braunfels ISD, Comal County, Colorado Materials, Christus Santa Rosa Hospital, HD Supply, Checks in the Mail and the county itself are top employers in the area. For older adults, the Comal County Senior Citizens Foundation is a great resource, and the senior center offers a library, fitness center, nutrition program, and thrift store for those 50 and older. The center also hosts regular casino trips, dances, dinners, field trips, art classes, Bible studies, card games, live entertainment and more!
7. There’s plenty of inventory. Unlike many other cities across the country, there’s no shortage of real estate inventory here in New Braunfels. Just do a quick search to see for yourself. More than 1,000 homes are currently listed in the city – and that doesn’t even include those that are being built from scratch all across the area. That’s hundreds (maybe even thousands) more!
These are just a few reasons why New Braunfels real estate should be a major consideration in your future home buying plans. With plenty of inventory, a variety of styles and price points, tons of local amenities, and a welcoming community for all ages and lifestyles, New Braunfels is truly a Hill Country haven, and its current residents can attest to that!
Join Us in New Braunfels
Want more reasons to buy in New Braunfels? Simply want to learn more about this great city or need to get a personalized list of New Braunfels properties that meet your needs, preferences and budget? Then contact the experienced real estate agents at Keller Williams New Braunfels today. Our expert real estate agents can find just what you and your loved ones are looking for. Contact us now, and we’ll get started on your search right away!