If building a home from the ground up is your dream, then New Braunfels is the place to be. With dozens of new construction communities and dozens more builders with roots in the area, the options for customizing your home are endless here in our little central Texas Hill Country town!
Go big, go small, or even purchase a new home that’s been built on-spec if you’re in a rush. The moral of the story? Simply look to New Braunfels for any new construction needs you may have.
Are you thinking of buying new in New Braunfels? Then here are some new construction neighborhoods that should be on your radar:
Cloud Country – A new community by Armadillo Homes, Cloud Country boasts more than a dozen unique floor plans in all sorts of shapes, sizes and designs. There are 1, 1.5 and 2 story homes, and properties that range anywhere from 1,900 square feet up to nearly 3,300. Prices in Cloud Country run from the low $220s to $281,000 and amenities include things like dual vanity sinks, faux wood blinds, walk-in showers, alarm systems and ceramic tile.
- Highland Grove – Featuring CalAtlantic homes, the Highland Grove community is a sight to be seen. With a junior Olympic-sized pool, playground, tanning shelf and a prime tubing location on the Guadalupe and Comal rivers, the fun never stops here. Homes in the area start at $259,000 and come in both 1- and 2-story options. Features include granite countertops, covered patios, tile floors, three-car garages and full landscaping.
- Hillside on Landa – A gated community just outside the Greune historic district, Hillside at Landa features new construction from David Weekley Homes. Served by New Braunfels ISD schools and with easy access to tubing, fishing, paddle boating, mini golf and plenty of trails at Landa Park, it’s the perfect spot for all ages and demographics.
- Lonesome Dove – With a name perfect for its sprawling, Hill Country location, the Lonesome Dove community boasts brand new D.R. Horton homes in eight different floor plans. Properties ranges from $168,500 up to $205,600, with square footage between 1,000 and 2,000 square feet. The neighborhood also offers several quick move-in homes for buyers who are relocating or on a short timetable. Star amenities include granite countertops, full irrigation and sprinkler systems, stainless steel appliances and ceramic tile.
- Voss Farms – Situated in the historic New Braunfels area, Voss Farms offers easy, downtown access, great schools, and tons of local parks, trails and fun just down the road. You’ll also find new homes from Lennar at Voss Farms, which come in 3- and 4-bedroom options priced between $220,000 and just under $280,000. Sqaure footage on new Voss Farms homes starts at 1,560 and goes up to 2,728 square feet. Homes also boast amenities like faux wood blinds, tile floors, garden tubs in the master suite, marbled vanity bathroom counters, programmable thermostats and other energy-efficient options.
- Briar Meadows – A community by Bella Vista Homes, Briar Meadows boasts a prime location just of I-35, right between Austin and San Antonio, and up along the Guadalupe River, where summer tubing is the draw. It’s also home to a full playground, complete with four slides and a bridge, and there are 7 unique floor plans to choose from. Each one offers between 1,800 and 2,700 square feet, 3 to 5 bedrooms and a price range of between $229K and $275K. The neighborhood also has a number of move-in ready homes, so if a quick relocation is on the horizon, Briar Meadows just may be the place for you.
- Pecan Crossing – Just five minutes from Fischer Park, Landa Park, the Guadalupe River and Schlitterbahn, this Wilshire Home community is full of fun. Throw in the neighborhood’s two playscapes, two miles of private park space and tons of convenient walking trails, and it’s the perfect spot for all ages. Wilshire offers 13 complete floor plans in the area, which range in price from $268,000 up to $344,000. Properties boast 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms, as well as 1,700 to 3,400 square feet of space. Buyers can build from the ground up or purchase spec homes for a quick move-in.
- Ridgemont – Currently in the “pre-selling” stage, this Pulte Homes neighborhood offers a full range of property options for all budgets and family sizes. Properties range from 3 to 6 bedrooms, 2 to 4 baths and 1,600 to 3,200 square feet and start at $221,000. The neighborhood is conveniently located near Fischer Park, which offers fishing ponds, hiking and biking trails, a splash park, playgrounds and an outdoor amphitheater, and once finished, the community will boast its own pool. There are 8 floor plans to choose from.
- Estates at Stone Crossing – A community by M/I Homes, the Estates at Stone Crossing boasts stunning views, lush landscaping and amazing amenities that any new homebuyer will love. Homes are offered in 9 distinct floor plans in both ranch-style and two-story options. Square footage on M/I Homes in the area ranges from 2,000 to 2,900, and pricing starts at $283K and goes up to $420K. Featured amenities include tall ceilings, covered patios, large windows, kitchen islands and more. Each home offers a 10-year warranty as well.
- John Newcombe Estate 60’ – Built by Perry Homes, the John Newcombe Estate 60’ community offers 7 floor plans, all with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and more than 2,500 square feet of space. Homes boast high-efficiency air conditioning systems, Energy Star dishwashers, programmable thermostats, low-E glass vinyl windows and other energy-efficient features that save buyers money and energy for the long haul. As for amenities, top draws include textured carpet, pedestal sinks, granite countertops, ceramic tile backsplashes and distinctive 42-inch cabinetry. Pricing starts at $364,900 and goes up to $467,000.
- Gruene Haven / River Chase – Built by Coventry Homes, Gruene Haven / River Chases offers sprawling lots between 1 and 2 acres each. Situated just near the Gruene Historic District and Canyon Lake, it offers big-city conveniences with plenty of Hill Country charm. The community even offers private river access for residents! Homes come in 11 different floor plans, ranging from $323K to $396K, and 3, 4 and 5 bedroom options are available.
- Magnolia Springs – An LGI Homes community, Magnolia Springs offers beautiful stone and brick properties in 3 and 4 bedroom options. Homes come with covered patios, lush landscaping, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, custom cabinetry, and warranties, and the neighborhood boasts a children’s park, a playground and convenient walking trails. LGI offers six floor plans in Magnolia Springs, which range in cost from $989 to $1,389 per month. Each has 3 to 4 bedrooms and 1 to 2 stories.
Build New in New Braunfels
Do you want to learn more about these neighborhoods? Are you itching to see a model home in person? Can’t wait to tour available new construction properties in the area? Then contact an agent at Keller Williams New Braunfels today. Our expert team members know New Braunfels well and they can help you find a new construction neighborhood (as well as a property!) that suits both your budget and your individual needs.